this recipe on Pinterest, and knew I wanted to try it! My children (ages 3.5 and 1.5) love to help measure ingredients and pour them into the mixing bowls, so muffins are the perfect recipe for them to help me make! If there is a small variation in the amount of ingredients put in, it doesn't tend to affect the outcome.
Oatmeal Banana Muffins
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour (all purpose may be used also)
2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1/2 cup milk when using honey (3/4 cup when using sugar)
1/3 cup oil
1/2 cup honey or sugar
2 - 3 mashed bananas
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir together oatmeal, flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Mix bananas, egg, milk, oil, and honey/sugar together well in a separate bowl. (or use a mixer)
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry, stirring until moistened.
5. Fill greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way full. My batter made enough for 15 large muffins.
6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown.
*If you would like a little extra sweetness, sprinkle a very small amount of brown sugar on muffins before baking.