Friday, July 20, 2012

Savory Lasagna


I don't typically make lasagna the same way twice...I try different recipes, and we're usually somewhat pleased with the results.  This time, I'm sticking with this new recipe that I came up with!  I used the Homemade Marinara Sauce that was posted a few days ago, and I think that made a big difference in the delicious flavor. I thought this tasted like restaurant quality, and am excited to make it again for my family!

Savory Lasagna

1 pound ground turkey
32 ounces marinara sauce
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 15 oz container ricotta cheese
9 whole wheat lasagna noodles
1 cup shredded cheese (I used Colby Jack, but Mozzarella would be great)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese

1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Boil lasagna noodles according to package directions. Once cooked, lay them out on paper towels to remove moisture and allow them to cool.

2. Brown ground turkey in a medium sized skillet. Once it has been cooked, drain any fat.  Next, add the marinara sauce, and simmer.

3. Meanwhile, in a medium sized bowl, mix the egg, ricotta, parmesan, and 3/4 cup shredded cheese.

4. Using a 9x13 or 8x8 dish, spread a small amount of the meat/marinara mixture onto the bottom of the pan. (enough to cover)   Top with lasagna noodles (breaking to fit if necessary), then 1/3 of the cheese mixture.

5. Repeat the layers of sauce, noodles, cheese 2 more times.  Cover with remaining noodles and sauce, and sprinkle the rest of the mozarella cheese on top.

6. Bake for 45 minutes, and allow to cool before serving.

Enjoy!




No comments:

Post a Comment